Milena Cabrera Maldonado
- First Dominican female pediatric gastroenterologist, nutriologist and endoscopist.
- Graduated from the School of Medicine of the Universidad Autonoma de Santo Domingo (UASD).
- Pediatric residency was completed at Hospital Infantil Robert Reid Cabral.
- Gastroenterology and nutrition fellowship in the Hospital Infantil de Mexico.
- Pediatric Endoscopy and laboratory testing in pediatric gastroenterology subfellowship in Ciudad Sanitaria La Paz, Madrid, Spain.
- Fellowship in Pediatric Gastroenterology Diagnosis and Treatment at Oita Hospital, Oita Medical University, Japan.
- Máster in gradúate education Universidad Autónoma de Santo Domingo (UASD).
She has been appointed different functions and positions:
- Chief of Gastroenterology, Nutrition and endoscopy department at Hospital Infantil Robert Reid Cabral.
- Funding and chief of the pediatric gastroenterology consult at the Armed Forces Central Hospital.
- Attending Physician of the Pediatric Gastroenterology at the pediatric gastroenterology ward of the Dominican-Japanese Gastroenterology Center.
- Hospital Infantil Robert Reid Cabral Chief Director from 2000-2004, First and only female to become the director of this Hospital in its 50 years of fundation.
She has been a medicine school professor as well as for post graduate training for pediatric residents. For the Universidad Autónoma de Santo Domingo (UASD).
Currently she is in charge of the the first Pediatric Gastroenterology, nutrition and endoscopy fellowship in the Dominican Republic ,establish in the Hospital Infantil Dr. Robert Reid Cabral, and validated by the Universidad Autónoma de Santo Domingo (UASD).